Trees play a significant role in our environment and reducing erosion and controlling the climate. They remove carbon dioxide from the air and store large quantities of carbon in their tissues. Trees and forests provide a home for many species of animals and plants. Tropical rainforests are among the most bio diverse habitats in the world. Trees provide shade and shelter during sunny days, timber for construction, fuel for cooking and heating, and many different kinds of fruit for food as well as having many other uses. Sadly, In many parts of the world, forests are shrinking as trees are cleared to increase land available for building.
10 Facts about our Trees.
1) Believe it or not, trees are the basis of sustaining life on earth.
2) Trees absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen by Photosynthesis.
3) They also help in reducing soil erosion by binding the soil to their roots.
4) Trees absorb carbon from the atmosphere and store it in their wood and bark, thus slowing the rate of global warming.
5) Forests help in flourishing wildlife and providing shelter for thousands of species including humans.
6) Trees provide fruits, a source of food for birds, animals and humans.
7) They are the main source of raw material for timber and paper industries which helps in boosting the economy.
8) Trees act as natural air conditioners by reducing heat up to 8-10 °C, thus cooling the environment.
9) Neem is the common tree which helps in purifying the atmosphere by killing the harmful organism.
10) Did you know Amazon Rain Forest is the ‘Lung of Earth’ because it contributes the most in the production of oxygen?
Most times, we never give a thought to our trees or how to take care for them. Without proper care eventually they die. It doesn’t take much to care for a tree. Depending on the size and age of a tree will determine how much care it will need.
As long as the tree can get the sunshine and water it needs, it should be fine. However, it is important to check once a year to make sure the tree isn’t infected or gotten some open wounds to cause some type of disease or fungus to grow. Often times a certified tree service company is very knowledgeable in this area and can help determine if this is the case. If the tree is infected and has not been address early enough, it’s possible a tree removal would be necessary.
Trees add character to our cities and towns, let’s try to take care of them the way they take care of us. Tampa Tree offers tree service to help us enjoy the benefits of our trees in Tampa, tree service Lutz, tree service Land O’ Lakes, tree service Wesley Chapel, tree service Odessa, tree service Carrollwood, tree service New Tampa, tree service Brandon and tree service in Citrus Park.